Is your website and its contents well organised? Is your website confusing?
In large organizations, hundreds to thousands of people are involved in updating and managing the website. Also, depending on the organization, there might be different ways in which the work is managed. In some cases, each department may oversee separate websites, web managers in each department and manage the site independently, and each site may be built with separate CMS and platform. In such cases, management of contents becomes extremely complicated. The maintenance of websites thus becomes difficult and the following problems might occur:
Problems at Large Companies
- Pharmaceutical company: Delayed dissemination of information such as medicines, which may result into a threat to the life of the customers
- Untimely dissemination of financial information might lead to a wrong influence on the stock market
- Hindrance to sales activities, due to uncontrolled usage of web by overseas branches
- Regional marketing is not possible due to the inability to separate the dissemination of company information and branch information
- Occurrence of time lag due to unsystematic approval flow of information transmission
- Possibility of missing business opportunities due to lack of guarantee of information quality
- High costs due to separate site operation and management cost for every system
Problems at Universities
- Difficult to maintain the site by a department single-handedly as the website has various departments
- Necessity of individual response to each faculty, even for minor changes in logo or contents
- High probability of making mistakes while disseminating important information on the entire site
- Difficulty in locating what information is being disseminated on which site
Drupal is the best platform for Web governance solutions
As compared to other platforms or CMS, Drupal is well-equipped with the ability to reuse the data on the site efficiently. It has enhanced ability to publish one content in various display methods and data formats.。
It is also equipped with the function of classifying contents by category and managing them while linking them with users and organizations. It is also possible to set up very detailed permission settings and workflows for users and organizations. ANNAI recommends Drupal's flexible content management function and a detailed authority setting to efficiently unify and manage a large amount of content in the organization.
ANNAI has proposed Drupal's flexible content management function and a detailed authority setting to efficiently unify and manage a large amount of content in the organization.